What if you had a blueprint for your marketing to guide you on the best path of your marketing journey and allow you to focus on enjoying the journey?
In this episode, we’re going to start a series of 13 episodes to talk about the Science of Creating and Sustaining Exceptional Experiences. This series is based on our Transformational Marketing Blueprint, a 12-step framework for exceptional human-centered marketing.
This episode is an overview of the Blueprint, that we sometimes also refer to as the Transformational Marketing Map, and the next twelve episodes will explore each step of the journey in more detail.
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes – Your Marketing Guide
The Transformational Marketing Blueprint is a comprehensive 12-step journey that provides a systematic framework for marketing – creating and sustaining memorable, remarkable experiences and relationships.
- Your Lighthouse – Your Lighthouse represents the 4 levels or essential foundations that all successful businesses have. It’s self-awareness, your WHY, WHAT you do and HOW you do what you do. In this step of the blueprint, you work on being really clear about the value you provide.
- Your Target Market – building a very deep understanding of your ideal dream client. Getting really clear about your target market and your dream client, will change everything from just a haphazard hike in the bush to a well thought out journey.
- Their Problem or Need – finding your dream clients pain, problem or need. This is about understanding where they are in their journey relative to this need and what their desired “after state” looks like. Bringing them from their “before state” to their desired “after state” is the transformation that you can enable.
- Your message – crafting your message to your target market. The secret here is that this is a two-way conversation and an opportunity to learn more about your dream client.
- Visitor Wants to Learn – is one entry point into the various customer journeys: your visitor (website, social media, podcast) wants to learn. In this step, you focus on building connection by giving attention.
- Starting a Relationship – another step on the various customer journeys. This is where your visitor wants to start a relationship. They are prepared to give you their email address or other contact details, in return for something of value.
- Nurturing the Relationship – is focused on nurturing the fledgling relationships that you’ve begun up to this point. There are more two-way conversations, giving more valuable information and learning more about your dream client.
- Visitor Wants to Buy – is when your visitor is ready to buy from you. This is your sales conversation strategy with a difference. Just like every other step of the blueprint, it’s focused on creating and sustaining memorable, remarkable experiences and relationships.
- Delivering an Exceptional Experience – is your delivery of the product or service your client has purchased. Even though you’ve now made a sale, your marketing must continue. Remember – creating and sustaining memorable, remarkable experiences and relationships!
- Delivering More Value – is focused on how you can deliver more value to your customers. Here, you work to sustain your relationship because successful marketing is a value-based, long-term, two-way relationship.
- Stimulating Referrals – is how you orchestrate and stimulate referrals. And, in the spirit of the remarkable experiences and relationships, the place to start here is by giving referrals to your customers.
- Scale – Celebrate and Repeat – is where you focus on your systems – how you can scale the process, improve what you do, and of course, celebrate your achievements with your customers.
As we explore the Transformational Marketing Blueprint together over the next 12 episodes, I’d love to learn what activities you do in each of the steps. Which is working well? Which do you find challenging? And, what do you think is missing?
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.
- This Is Marketing by Seth Godin
- Overview of the Transformational Marketing Map
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.