Do you really know what your dream customer needs?
Now that we have absolute clarity about who our dream customer is – who we serve, what drives them, what are their dreams, their desires, their goals and what frustrates them, what challenges they face, the next step is to develop a deeper understanding of their wants and needs.
Remember, that people don’t buy products or services. They buy transformations. What is the transformation your dream customer is really wanting to achieve?
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the PodcastOne of the most important principles of all business is “People don't buy products or services, they buy Transformations”, hence the name Transformational Marketing. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
Show Notes – What’s the Transformation?
By following the ideas and suggestions shared in the last episode, we’ve built a really deep understanding of our dream client, their beliefs and aspirations, their wants, and needs. Now, we need to develop a deeper understanding of their wants and needs that is focused on their desired outcome and of where our dream customer is at right now.
- Where your dream customer is right now is called their BEFORE state, and their desired outcome is their AFTER state.
- One of the most important principles of all business is “People don’t buy products or services, they buy Transformations”, hence the name Transformational Marketing.
- Our product or service is the bridge to our dream customer’s desired outcome. It’s the vehicle taking them from their before start to their after state.
- If WE don’t know what it will take for our dream customers to achieve their desired outcome, they can’t achieve it!
- It’s important to realise that our dream customer’s current state is made up of a set of beliefs. There are external beliefs, internal beliefs and fundamental or core beliefs.
- Internal beliefs are deeper and often more difficult to really get to. Using the Five Why’s exercise for problem analysis is one way that we might be able to find out more.
- Core beliefs are usually the same thing for most problems and they come down to – I’m not good enough, I’m afraid people will judge me, I’m not worthy and so on.
- There are always objections that are a barrier to people traveling from their before state to their after state. These are often under the same categories.
- The deeper we go with this understanding of the Before and After state and objections, the clearer our messaging is going to be to our dream customers. We’ll be able to focus on the transformation and keep a lookout for the best ways we can enable customers to achieve their desired results.
I encourage you to use this framework to truly understand your dream customer’s problem, pain, or need. If you can articulate their need in a way that even your dream customer can’t, but when they hear it, they’ll jump up and shout “Yes, that’s exactly what I need? It’s like you were reading my mind!” your message will be heard! Let me know what happens!The deeper we go with this understanding of the Before and After state and objections, the clearer our messaging is going to be to our dream customers. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.
- They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan
- What’s Your Dream Client’s Need? – E014
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.