It’s been a while since the last episode and a lot has changed since then, many things that we couldn’t have imagined, such as everyone around the world in various forms of “stay at home” situations due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. All our lives have been impacted and in the online world, some have “gone dark (or invisible)” whereas others have begun bombarding me with well-meaning emails full of advice about how best to deal with the pandemic.
Someone said to me, early on during the lockdown, that “You are either hiding, or leading”.
What is your choice? Are you shining your light brightly, to serve your community?
Speaking of the light, I was reminded of a little story that I presented to our Toastmasters community recently about a lighthouse.
There are many metaphors contained in this story, and I encourage you to listen a few times, to find them all. In fact, comment in the show notes to tell me all the ones you recognize and what they mean to you.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes – The Lighthouse
- The Lighthouse is a constant through much change.
- Lighthouses don’t react to their environment – whatever external influence comes along, be it storms, wind, fire, earthquakes, wars, economic downturns, revolutions and even pandemics. The Lighthouse proactively continues to shine her light with the same intensity and the same direction as she always does. Consistently and congruently, so that the boats at sea and the sailors in them can always find their way to the safety of land.
- The lighthouse shines her light with consistency and intensity that is unwavering! A beacon of certainty in an uncertain world, faithfully guiding ships into the security of the port.
- The lighthouse is built on a foundation of certainty and connection.
- We need everyone to keep shining their light. Now more than ever, keep shining YOUR light!
As you reflect on this story, I’m curious to know – how are you showing up and shining your light? What is the foundation of your Lighthouse?
I’ll be talking more about your Lighthouse in future episodes, because this is the first step of our 12 step marketing journey – the Lighthouse model comes from George Bryant, who you can listen to on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode 300. In the meantime, keep shining your light.The lighthouse shines her light with consistency and intensity that is unwavering! A beacon of certainty in an uncertain world, faithfully guiding ships into the security of the port. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.Your Lighthouse the first step of our 12 step marketing journey. How are you showing up and shining your light? What is the foundation of your Lighthouse? @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
FREE MARKETING MASTER MINI-CLASS
ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR JOURNEY?
With this Marketing Master mini-class you’ll learn to understand your dream customer as well as or even better than they themselves do. As a result, you’ll be able to communicate with them to build and strengthen an engaging, enduring relationship.
- Innovabuzz 226 – George Bryant, GB Masterminds
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.
Leave a Comment