Recently, I joined Blake Fleischacker on his Facebook Live Channel, Blake Fly.
Blake is on a mission to do a thousand Facebook lives daily. He is an expert in hosting people on his live shows. We enjoyed a wonderful conversation about how podcasting can build sustainable visibility and deep connection and give you permission to speak with everyone; how to find your dream audience and going on virtual speaking tours via podcasting.
Listen to the podcast for some excerpts of our conversation.
Listen to the PodcastPodcasting is a fantastic learning and networking tool. It gives you the opportunity to explore other people’s expertise, learn new things, and build relationships. @TalesofMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
Show Notes – Podcasting Is a Relationship Game
- Podcasting is a great marketing exercise to position yourself as an expert in your field.
- Podcasting is a fantastic learning and networking tool. It gives you the opportunity to explore other people’s expertise, learn new things, and build relationships.
- Aside from the technical part of a podcast, it’s also important to focus on how to connect with people – the guests you bring on, your audience, as well as how you add value to those people.
- Podcasting is like writing a book. You have to get it in front of the right audience and convince them to listen to it because there is value in it for them. And, you have to make yourself available to continue those conversations.
- Start with really getting to know yourself first – what do you value, what do you believe in, and what is your unique message that you want to get into the world, what are the core themes that you are really passionate about and want to explore?
- Get clear on who your ideal dream listener is – what are they interested in, what do they value, what do they believe in, their aspirations, and how do they behave?
- Having a relationship with the guest is really important. You need to figure out how to initiate a conversation with them, how do you invite people on and connect with them in a way that once you get them on your show, there is genuine connection.
- Make sure that your guest feels comfortable. Make sure that they are showing up as their best and adding value.
- Promotion is also a key thing. Make sure that your podcast gets in front of the right dream audience and figure out ways to connect and engage with them.
- Podcasting is a great way to establish that know, like, and trust factor.
- Podcasting is a very intimate medium. People listen to you and you are in their head. It’s a privilege that you need to honour through serving your audience.
- Getting on other people’s podcasts is a powerful way to market yourself and get your message out in front of new audiences. It’s an amazing way to grow your network.
- Podcasting involves a lot of work. You’ve got to have all the systems in place to do it really well. Getting on other people’s podcasts is a great way to learn about the things that go into having a podcast and figuring out if it’s right for you.
- Avoid pitching yourself straight away to another podcast host. That is not the first step! Listen to some of their episodes first. Start a conversation with the host around those episodes to build a relationship with them before pitching yourself as a guest.
- Focus on the value you are going to add to the show, to the host, and to their audience.
- Human interaction is the core of everything. We all have those human needs and to be human is really an important thing.
I hope you got some value from my conversation with Blake. I’m inspired by his mission of 1000 daily Facebook lives, and I encourage you to check out his Facebook page for other fascinating conversations he’s recorded.
In our conversation, we talked about podcasting being a relationship game and giving you permission to talk to virtually anyone. We talked about defining our dream audience and how to use the understanding we have of our dream audience to take that and go on podcast tours. And, it’s like being in the neighborhood and being a human being in that neighborhood – a good human being.
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.Human interaction is the core of everything. We all have those human needs and to be human is really an important thing. @TalesofMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
Watch the video
- Website – Blake Fleischacker
- Facebook – Blake Fly
- Become a Podcast Rockstar – audio course
- Podcast Guesting Playbook
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.