How well do you understand your ideal client and what attracts them?
We all receive thousands of pieces of information every single day – I don’t know about you, but I really struggle to keep up with email, let alone all the social media. Of course, my brain is quite amazing – it filters out 99% of the things I’m bombarded with, so that I’m not overwhelmed and can focus my attention on what it thinks is important to me. Cool, right!
Now let’s look at that with our marketing hat on. How do we stand out so that we’re in the 1% that people pay attention to? What will make your message remarkable and interesting to your target audience?
On today’s episode, I’m going to talk about building a deeper understanding of your ideal client and your target market.
Often, the thing that makes the difference, is exceptionally useful information that’s engaging and memorable enough to motivate your audience to take action – come back for more of your information, build a relationship or deepen that relationship.
Let’s explore this idea and find out how to better understand your ideal client.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
- The trick to delivering the right kind of information, to the right audience, at the right time and in the right place, is a deeper understanding of your ideal client – who they are, what they need, what they want to talk about, and how they want to be spoken to.
- Here are just a few of the reasons why having a deep understanding of your ideal customer is so important:
- gives your marketing strategy a clear purpose
- allows you to build a focused and targeted message that can cut through the huge amount of noise online
- your marketing message will resonate with your ideal customer and the target market you can help most
- you can find those ideal clients more easily when advertising
you can personalise your message
- you can deliver your ideal client greater value
- you can focus your sales and marketing efforts on connecting with those ideal clients
- you can focus more energy and time on building deeper personal and human relationships with your ideal clients.
- You can build a deeper understanding of your ideal client with our ideal client worksheet – use this worksheet and re-visit your information regularly to keep adding to the depth of your knowledge of your ideal client and target market – get the worksheet below.
Another Photo I like (just to break up the text!)
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.
- Your Ideal Client Worksheet
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.