Are you confused by the complex nature of marketing funnels?
You’ve probably heard of them and read a lot of information describing details of the steps of a marketing funnel and all the nuts and bolts of setting them up within automated systems. At a structural level, a marketing funnel is a way of breaking down the customer journey from discovering you, all the way through a series of steps to when they decide to buy your product or service. And if we understand that structure, we can apply this to our relationships and focus on making marketing human, rather than on the nuts and bolts of the tools people use to automate marketing funnels.
Did you know, that marketing is NOT JUST a department or function within your business, but it is a journey? A journey that you guide your ideal client through, as they progress from the stage of “who are you?” through to “know” through “like” to “trust”. That in a nutshell is the marketing journey, some refer to this as a marketing funnel.
On today’s episode, I’m going to talk about the structure of marketing funnels.
Often, the thing that makes the difference, is exceptionally useful information that’s engaging and memorable enough to motivate your audience to take action – come back for more of your information, build a relationship or deepen that relationship.
Let’s explore the structure of marketing funnels in the context of human marketing.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
- The high level structure of a marketing funnel is
- KNOW – Your target market learns about you and about your product or service.
- LIKE – By providing exceptionally useful and relevant information to your ideal prospect, you build a relationship with them and nurture that relationship.
- TRUST – Your ideal clients see that you understand their needs, are positioned to help them and have already provided great value. They are ready to buy from you. Of course, you must earn this trust and continue to build the relationship. And when you Transform their Experience, you’ll transform your marketing!
- A marketing funnel is essentially a customer journey, where your customer is the hero and you are their guide.
- Right at this moment, there are people in the world who are in need of the gifts that ONLY YOU can provide them. There are people, whose lives will be transformed if they have the opportunity to work with you. Therefore, you have the responsibility to both grow your business in an authentic, human and sustainable way, so that those people don’t miss that opportunity. And you must competently promote what you do and what you sell.
- Using the Transformational Marketing Journey and Map, you can expand the high level marketing structure into a road map to guide you and your customers on the journey – get the Map below.
Another Photo I like (just to break up the text!)
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.
- Your Transformational Marketing Map
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.