Making Marketing Human – or Crossing Over to the Dark Side?
This is the start of a new adventure – an adventure to make marketing human again and to challenge myself as your guide on our shared journey.
On this very first episode of Tales of Marketing Transformation, I’ll talk about what is marketing and what is GOOD marketing, and the force that drives good marketing.
If you are a Star Wars fan (and who isn’t!), you’ll appreciate that the Force is a complex thing. On the one hand, there is the light – associated with good, with compassion, with empathy.
On the other hand there is the destructive dark side, characterized by fear, anger, hatred, aggression, manipulation and deception. All of this is encapsulated in the villain Darth Vader.
Some people think that marketers are the Darth Vaders of business!
Don’t be THAT marketer!
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastSome people think that marketers are the Darth Vaders of business. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
- A lot in marketing today is rotten. It seems to have developed into a culture of “get rich quick”, “sell using automation”, and just focus on the numbers. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be measuring things in marketing – you should. And I’m also a big fan of automation – when applied properly, in the right places. Marketing is about human to human relationships at it’s core and that is what has tended to get ignored in the “get rich quick” culture of marketing.
- My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too.
- Ultimately marketing is all about how we build relationships with the people we serve; its about helping people achieve; about providing opportunities to solve their problems.
- According to Seth Godin, GOOD marketing is about change – its about making things and about making things better and about making better things. GOOD marketing is about creating.
Another Photo I like (just to break up the text!)
I invite you to come on this journey with me. Let’s make marketing human again.
- Seth Godin: “This is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See” (affiliate link)
- Ten Tips to Make Marketing More Human Again
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast