Are you shining your light brightly to be exceptional and to serve your audience? Can they see your light and do they know what that represents?
In the last episode, I introduced our Transformational Marketing Blueprint, and, spoke about Marketing as the Art and Science of creating and sustaining exceptional, remarkable customer experiences and relationships.
So now, we’ll begin exploring the first step in the Blueprint and the foundation of creating exceptional experiences and relationships. That’s your Lighthouse. Of course, the lighthouse is a metaphor to understand it’s meaning in the context of transformational marketing.
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes – Follow the Light
The Lighthouse is a metaphor for Step One of the Transformational Marketing Blueprint
- Our Lighthouse represents the 4 levels or essential foundations that all successful businesses have. It’s self-awareness – our Who, Why, What we do and How we do what we do. In this step of the blueprint, we work on being really clear about the value we provide.
- Lighthouses don’t react to their environment whether the weather, a storm, wind or whatever external influence comes along. They proactively continue to shine their light with the same intensity and the same direction that they always do, to be as consistent and congruent as possible so that their customers can always find their way to shore.
- Our Lighthouse is where clarity and congruency are born. This is the foundation of our brand and the stance we take in this world.
- Our lighthouse represents our business and requires 4 levels to be operational. These are it’s essential foundations. For our business to work, our lighthouse must have all 4 levels set:
- WHO – is all about our self-awareness, being really clear about our origin story and owning our story.
- WHY – Why we do what we do both in our business and personal lives
- WHAT – What we do, expressed succinctly in 10 words or less
- HOW – How we do what we do, our modalities of delivery. E.g podcasting, content marketing, blogging, etc.
With total clarity on the 4 levels of our lighthouse, we can have congruence in everything we do within our business and every single message that we send out.
Take a flip chart or white board and draw a lighthouse. On 4 levels, beginning with the base of the lighthouse, write out a clear statement of your Who, Why, What and How. Put that in a place where you’ll always see it. Update and refine over time. This is a living and breathing picture!
Most importantly, as you go forward, check that you are congruent with your lighthouse!
If you are up for it, record a video, explaining your lighthouse, and send it to me. This will help you clarify your thinking as well as giving me a better idea of your guiding light! And if you send me a video, I promise that I’ll respond with feedback.
In the meantime, keep shining your light!Our Lighthouse is where clarity and congruency are born. This is the foundation of our brand and the stance we take in this world. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.
FREE MARKETING MASTER MINI-CLASS
ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR JOURNEY?
With this Marketing Master mini-class you’ll learn to understand your dream customer as well as or even better than they themselves do. As a result, you’ll be able to communicate with them to build and strengthen an engaging, enduring relationship.
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
- Overview of the Transformational Marketing Map
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.
Leave a Comment