Five Success Principles of Human Marketing are the key components of success in human centered marketing.
What are the components of a successful marketing program, framework or campaign?
No doubt you’ve seen and read about a lot of different tactics that people have recommended to use in marketing – from Google Ads, to Social Media campaigns, to content creation to email marketing and various marketing automation tactics.
Tactics are fine – when applied in the right situation. Since we are about making marketing more human on this podcast, you’re probably wondering what are the principles, though, that make up human marketing?
On today’s episode, I’m going to talk about the Five Success Principles of Human Marketing.
Let’s explore these Five Success Principles in the context of human marketing.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastBe really clear about goals (set SMART goals) and imagine you are already there. Who will you help, what change are you helping those clients make, is that going to improve their lives? @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
Show Notes – Five Success Principles and Human Marketing
Incorporated in my little story today, were Five Fundamental Success Principles:
- Know your outcome – begin with the end in mind
- Take massive action – do it
- Have sensory acuity to notice what’s working and what’s not working
- Have behavioural flexibility to make changes as required
- Operate from a physiology and psychology of excellence – discipline, state of mind, determination
Let’s consider these Five Success Principles in the context of Human Marketing
- Know your outcome – be really clear about goals (set SMART goals) and imagine you are already there – what do you see, what do you hear, what do you feel and what do you tell yourself? And most importantly, who will you help and what change are you seeking to help those clients make, and is that going to improve their lives? What will they see, hear, feel and tell themselves? A few other points to consider here are the context (where/when/with whom), whether you have the resources or can access the resources to achieve this outcome and the ecology (Is it good for me? Is it good for others? Is it good for the greater good?)
- Take massive action – this might seem obvious, but we all, from time to time, procrastinate or wait for something before getting started. “I just want to get this right before I publish.” Problem is, it will never be “right”. Take action to get started and then adjust along the way, which is where the next principles apply.
- Notice what’s working and what’s not working (have sensory acuity) – test how your message is being received. This part of marketing also includes measuring and data analysis – e.g. how many people watched my video, listened to my podcast. What action did they take as a result? What is working; what is not working with my marketing?
- Have behavioural flexibility to make changes as required – quickly adjust and make changes as we learn from what we observe. If what you are doing isn’t working, anything else has a better chance of working, so change what you are doing and try something else. Many times we just stubbornly repeat the same thing, yet that has already proven not to work. (“if you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always gotten”)
- Operate from a physiology and psychology of excellence – this involves having the discipline to follow your marketing process, show up every day and do what is needed to move towards the outcome and always act in a resourceful way, empowering yourself and also your clients. Another key here is to look after yourself – so that you are able to be the best version or you.
That’s the Five Success Principles applied to human marketing.Notice what's working and what's not working (have sensory acuity) – test how your message is being received. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
Another Photo I like (just to break up the text!)
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.Have behavioural flexibility to make changes as required – quickly adjust and make changes as we learn from what we observe. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
- Your Five Success Principles Resources
- The Ballarat Cycle Classic
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.