A Laser sharp focus on your Ideal Client is a fundamental pillar of human centered marketing.
How can you make your marketing stand out from the noise?
In the last episode, I spoke about the Five Success Principles of Human Marketing. These Five Success Principles can be applied to anything; in business, and in particular, in human marketing, these Five Principles form a powerful framework to guide your strategy and your tactics as you make your marketing more human centred.
Here’s the thing though.
Most businesses marketing sucks because they’re just putting their message out into the world at large, in a very generic way and that message gets lost in all the noise. It’s not focused on the right audience. It’s not focused on their ideal client.
It’s just more noise
So, how can you make your marketing stand out from the noise?
Marketing is fundamentally communicating the right message,to the right audience, at the right time, in the right place and providing valuable information that transforms that audience. To do that well you need to have a laser-like focus on the right audience.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastMost businesses marketing sucks because they're just putting their message out into the world at large, in a very generic way and that message gets lost in all the noise. It's not focused on the right audience. It's not focused on their ideal… Click To Tweet
Show Notes – An Eagle Like Focus on Your Ideal Client
One of my ideal clients is Coach Sam.
She has big dreams and is passionate about changing the world with her knowledge and service.
She has a servant’s heart and likes to work with businesses that have that same values.
She is bright, intelligent, well educated, positive, hard-working and a quick thinker.
She has plans to grow her business into a multi-locational operation, turning over $10M plus each year. She needs the structure and systems to get there. Sam advertises her services through industry networks, online media, and through regular training events.
Her biggest challenge is time to work on marketing and marketing systems. A Big Picture thinker, she often struggles with delving into detail.
She spends a lot of time on-line, following and modelling from other international coaches and entrepreneurs.
- Clone Your Favourite Client Exercise –
- Give your new favourite client a name and select a photo of them, that will be our visual trigger for everything we do for them.
- Write a general description of what you know about her, like I’ve done above
- Answer these questions about her:
- What are her innermost DESIRES?
- What are her AMBITIONS?
- What are her GOALS?
- What does she truly want to achieve?
- How will she know when she has that?
- WHAT does she need help with?
- What RESOURCES does she need?
- What IDEAS does she need?
- What ASSISTANCE does she need?
- What PROBLEMS does she encounter?
- What does she value?
- What’s important to her?
- What are some of her most dearly held beliefs?
- What does she believe, that you don’t?
- Who are her friends?
- What types of offers is she exposed to?
- Who influences her?
- Which channels are influential?
- Who inspires her?
- Who are her mentors?
- WHAT is she worried about?
- WHAT does she fear?
- What is her WORST CASE SCENARIO?
- Where does she face UNCERTAINTY?
- What are her biggest frustrations?
- Which risks might she be taking?
- What is REALLY important to her (she may not say publicly)?
- What moves her?
- What’s her attitude?
- What does she tell others?
- What’s her communication style?
- Who is her ideal client?
Now that you have a much better idea of who your ideal client is, you’ll be able to “see her” from afar, with eagle-eye precision! Imagine the prize you could capture, with that new found eagle like focus and determination.
Next week, we are going to take this exercise one step further, by developing what’s called an Empathy Map, for your ideal client.With a clear picture of your ideal client, you'll be able to "see her" from afar, with eagle-eye precision! Imagine the prize you could capture, with that new found eagle like focus and determination. . @TalesMarketing… Click To Tweet
Another Photo I like (just to break up the text!)
My mission is to do Good Marketing, to make marketing Human, to make marketing a FORCE for GOOD – characterized by service, empathy, transparency and to make a meaningful difference to the people we care about AND to their customers too
Thank you for coming on this journey of Marketing Transformation with me. Let’s make marketing human again.You are your own ideal client, so begin by clearly defining what drives you and what are your needs and wants – then build a deeper understanding of your target client. @TalesMarketing #TalesofMarketingTransformation Click To Tweet
- Your Ideal Client Worksheet – even more detailed questions to get to know your ideal client
- Tales of Marketing Transformation Facebook Group – Join the Community here (Free but Priceless!)
- The InnovaBuzz Podcast – our other podcast on Innovation and Marketing, with awesome guests each week.